Friday, September 5, 2014

Eep! A Walking Dead Spin-off On The Way!

Just saw this at Entertainment Weekly. Filming of a new Walking Dead companion series is starting at the end of the year. New cast of characters and locale, but no more details then that. Which means, time to speculate and make a wishlist!

If the setting remains in the United States, I'd love to see how the zombie apocalypse is playing out in the northern states, maybe New England or someplace rainy like Seattle would be cool. I'd love to see more weather elements come into play to see how the survivors could manage in harsher conditions.

Major wishlist item though...would LOVE to see some characters from the Telltale Walking Dead game make their way onto the show. I just finished playing Season 2 and was reminded of how well the characters are written in the game, and it would be awesome to see them come to life in the series.

I wonder if this also means the series will air during the downtime of the original series. Could this mean year-round Walking Dead? Could I get that lucky?! I hope that's how it plays out, because two different stories running parallel to each other could get a bit confusing. Hmm. Can't wait to find out more about this! It's so exciting!

Yes, I'm a huge Walking Dead nerd. No, I'm not sorry for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment